The Objectives of the Leadership Training:
• Enhance leadership skills and introduce concepts that will translate to Increased productivity and efficiencies in their organizations, the community, and their personal circle of influence.
• Building and sustaining a High-Performance Culture of maximum productivity, while developing a culture that will attract the best talent in your field.
• Providing participants with practical applicable processes and skills that can be implemented immediately.
• The course has a robust and well-rounded curriculum that blends two key components research and academic foundation with practical applicability based on real-life samples of applied theory and its results.
• It also provides insight into cultural differences and how to manage and lead in a diverse setting.
• What you have is a powerful content that will educate and sharpen the skills of participants that provide the unique impact of creating better and more effective leaders.
Training Series Overview:
Session/Day 1 Who you are and Leadership - This is the fundamental introduction to the definition of leadership. The participant is challenged to examine his/her interpretation of leadership based on the work or personal experience. The concept of situational leadership is also introduced, so to establish the premise of no one "style" should define a leader, but to become familiar with the concept of adapting several styles based on the situation faced by the participant. This session is replete with interaction and exercises requiring the participant to put into practice some of the principles learned. further covered is the natural process of decision making and how this is "managed" by a disciplined approach of leadership.
Session/Day 2 Managing Leadership - A substantial part of the course, the participant is introduced to effective ways to implement leadership principles in their place of work or living environment. Identify and practice Situational Leadership, by applying select leaderships based on the demands or opportunities of the situation. A very important aspect of leadership is building a High-Performance culture. The participant will learn the key rules of interaction with his/her team in order to build a high performing team, effective accountability, effective coaching rewarding, and disciplining effectively. In general, it is one of the cornerstone sessions of the program from which the participant will derive a value that can be implemented immediately. Identify the key areas of leadership amid change is covered in depth. “The course covers the key milestones of change management, e.g., Create a clear plan, be clear about the objectives with measurable and strategic values, communication by leadership clear and focused, identify the key team members that will drive the mission, effective delegation, Manage expectations and accountability. Proposal Leadership Mastery Training for Professionals Brighton Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau Page 4 of 7
Session /Day 3 Leadership Styles and the purpose of Leadership - In this module, the participant is exposed to the difference in each style of leadership ranging from Authentic leadership with its five tenants Purpose, Value, Relationships, Self-Discipline, and Heart. Kouzes and Posner, two recognized authorities in the field of leadership also introduce a style of leadership that is based on strong precepts to promote a high-performance environment: Model the way, inspire a shared vision, challenge the process, enable others to act, and encourage the heart. The participants will be challenged to examine their present approach to leadership thorough exercises and engaging dialogue with instructors and co-participants. Ethics in Leadership along with Leadership Communication are two critical topics that will cover areas of execution, accountability are topics included in this engaging session that is guaranteed to inspire your team to seek to achieve and surpass higher standards of leadership overall.
Session/ Day 4 Culture and Leadership - Three aspects of culture are explored in this module; Leadership and diversity, Gender diversity, and the overall culture for which a leader is responsible for building and maintaining. All three areas are guaranteed to stimulate the participant to the discovery of building a high-performance culture, to the nuances of diversity in the workplace, the importance of understanding the cultures of the client communities, and that of the team the leader oversees. Another key component of this module is Building a high-performance culture. Featuring the key areas of focus for leadership to ensure the establishment and strengthening of the team culture to the level of high performance.
Session/ Day 5 Groups, Power, and Politics - The participant will be challenged to examine the convergence of Leadership and Power, interpret the impact and consequences of one without the other, and how to best manage each. The call to action for each participant will be to examine the impact of their leadership and power and how Expert power will generate commitment and Coercive Power will create resistance. Each organization hosts political dynamics that will require an effective understanding of the organization and thus establish the proper effects of leadership upon the team. Who Should Attend? Any Manager, team lead or executive seeking to find new leadership approaches to building high-performance teams: ● experienced leaders wanting to sharpen their leadership skills ● Managers and executives interested in bringing a fresh approach to their team's ● New management hires who want to start their career with a strong platform for successful leadership. ● aspiring leaders interested in furthering their understanding of the essentials of leadership ● Any business professional
Who Should Attend?
Any Manager, team lead or executive seeking to find new leadership approaches to building
● experienced leaders wanting to sharpen their leadership skills
● Managers and executives interested in bringing a fresh approach to their teams
● New management hires who want to start their career with a strong platform for
● aspiring leaders interested in furthering their understanding of the essentials of
● Any business professional
Course Duration: A series of five one-day training programs to address the key issues and skills outlined above will take place once per month for five months.
Training Format: This training is highly interactive with entertaining and insight-filled presentations, together with team discussions and practical application of techniques to real-life situations. The content of this presentation is a blend of academic research by the faculty of Denver based Metro State University and practical 25-year experience in leadership positions of Paul de la Garza, CEO of High-Performance Business Solutions the instructor/facilitator of the program. The presentation style of this program is a common-sense and down-to-earth manner that produces immediate practical results.
Materials Include: Each participant will receive the following materials:
• Leadership Participant workbook • Books – “The Go Giver Leader”, Authentic Leadership, Strengths-Based Leadership
• High-Performance Business Solutions Coaching Journal to maintain coaching records and journals of sessions
Limited Availability: Maximum of 25 participants
• Applications will be available July 2020
• Participant selection begins in October 2020
• The program starts in January 2021
$300 Nonprofit rate
(monthly payment plan available $500/9 months=$55.55)